The vision for the future of the department is:
- To be one of the best in the country for which it strives to generate high quality graduates through rigorous coursework and practical activities.
- To develop research and innovation activities aimed towards solving real world problems.
- To enhance the laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment.
- To develop a roadmap for starting a postgraduate program in the department.
The educational objectives of the undergraduate program in Mechanical and Automobile Engineering are:
- To produce graduates who meet the expectations and requirements of the employers in the country and all over the world.
- To produce graduates who are ready to undertake roles of leadership in their communities and/or professions.
- To produce graduates who would be prepared to pursue advanced study if they so desire.
The department has well equipped workshop and a number of laboratories that are listed below:
- Material Science
- Fluid Mechanics,
- Hydraulic Machines,
- Heat Transfer,
- Mechanisms & Machine Dynamics,
- IC engine
- Pollution Control
- Strength of Materials,
- Mechanics of Solids, and
- Machining Workshop
- Fitting and Maintenance Workshop
- Arc Welding and Foundry/ Forging Workshop
- Gas Welding & Sheet Metal Workshop
- Automobile Workshop